What We Do
Altech is an Auckland Aluminium Manufacturer providing comprehensive engineering, design, manufacturing and installation service that offers seamless integration into your project.
We optimise your custom aluminium designs and will identify opportunities to reduce material usage and costs while maintaining structural integrity. We advise clients, architects and other stakeholders to ensure that our commercial aluminium projects meet all NZ safety and regulation requirements and ensure we deliver on time and within budget.
All our aluminium extrusions are engineered and fabricated to the highest quality standards in our facility on Auckland's North Shore, New Zealand. Our materials comply with ISO standards so that our aluminium products have the highest possible durability and safety ratings, providing maximum value to our customers.
Our continuing philosophy is to provide quality and innovative aluminium and glass products for the New Zealand architectural and construction industries.
We have internal quality management systems to ensure our products meet the rigours of durability and safety ratings and with a team of highly skilled engineers and designers who've worked on large-scale projects for over 30 years, you can rely on Aluminium Technology to provide outstanding results.
The proof is in our experience:
- buildings up to 30 storeys high
- wind loads of over 5 kPa
- inter-storey differential deflections of over 40mm
- peer reviews on numerous projects by major facade engineering practices
- extrusion design, 3D modelling, full-scale models
- destructive testing, wind tunnel testing
Who we work with
We work with architects, project managers and building owners throughout the design process, customising our Aliminium designs to find the most effective solution for residential or commercial building projects.
Being qualified engineers and local manufacturers means we have the ability to create products to unique specifications, offering bespoke design, and providing tailored solutions to meet the specific needs of customers in a timely manner.
Our Aluminium products are installed in some of New Zealand’s landmark commercial properties, apartment blocks, retail stores and residential homes. Some of our recent commercial aluminium projects are Queens Square, Alexandra Park and Thompson Park.
Auckland Aluminium Manufacturer
After an Auckland Aluminium manufacturer and design engineer for your next project? Our offices and Aluminium Workshop are based in Auckland's North Shore in the Wairau Road business district. While we mainly operate in the greater Auckland region we do have clients throughout New Zealand from Northland to the bluff.
Our sought-after Aluminium building products are designed and built within New Zealand so can deliver custom architectural Aluminium in a timely manner to wherever you are within the country. North shore, West Auckland, East Auckland South Auckland, or Greater Auckland - we have you covered.
Why use aluminium in buildings?
Aluminium is a lightweight, strong, durable, and versatile material that is commonly used in building construction for several reasons. Here are some of the key reasons why aluminium is used in buildings:
- Lightweight: Aluminium is a lightweight material, which makes it easy to transport and handle on construction sites. This property also makes it ideal for use in high-rise buildings and structures, where weight reduction is critical.
- Strength: Although aluminium is lightweight, it is also very strong and durable. It has a high strength-to-weight ratio, which means that it can support heavy loads while remaining lightweight.
- Corrosion-resistant: Aluminium is highly resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for use in outdoor structures and buildings that are exposed to harsh weather conditions, especially those near the ocean.
- Aesthetics: Aluminium is a versatile material that can be easily shaped and formed into various designs and shapes. It can also be coated or painted in a variety of colours to match the design of a building.
- Sustainable: Aluminium is a sustainable material that is 100% recyclable. It can be recycled repeatedly without losing its properties, which makes it an environmentally friendly choice for building construction.
Overall, the unique combination of properties that aluminium possesses makes it an ideal material for use in building construction.
Talk to the experts
Got a custom job or have questions about material specifications?